HOW TO MEASURE
- Measure your shoulders from shoulder bone to shoulder bone, across the back.
- Measure your front chest from arm crease to arm crease.
- easure your chest by placing the tape above your bust, around your body just under your arms, (with arms down at your sides). Also, measure the width of your front and back chest separately.
- Measure your bust-line around the fullest point of your bust.
- Measure your under-bust by placing the tape under bust and around your body.
- Measure your waist by placing the tape around the elastic on your waistline.
- Measure your upper hipline (about 3 inches down from your waist) across your stomach and upper hips.
- Measure your hipline by placing the tape around the widest part of your hips.
- Measure your thigh two inches down from the top of your leg, at the widest part of your thigh.
- Measure your vertical bust point by placing the tape at the nape of the neck to your bust point.
- Measure your front vertical waist point by placing the tape at the front collarbone down to your waist.
- Measure your bust-point by placing the tape at the nape of your neck to your tip of your busts. Note the distance between the bust points.
- Measure your vertical back waist point by placing the tape at your first vertebrae and following the spine to your waist.
- Measure your vertical back hip point by placing the tape at your first vertebrae and then following your spine to the widest part of your hipline.
The upper arm measurement is taken with the tape around the widest part of your upper arm. (Arm relaxed at your side).
- The final body measurement, for the length of your jacket or dress, is taken with the tape at your first vertebrae and measuring down the back to your desired hemline.
- The inseam is measured from the top of your leg (inside) with your legs slightly apart, keeping your body straight.
CHOOSING YOUR SIZE
One Fitting System will increase measurements to 3 sizes, or about 3 inches at any area. Larger sizes can be created by placing another Fitting System over the top of your already padded dress form. Choose your best size by the smallest of your bust, waist and hip measurements compared to the form. For example. If your bust is 36 and your hips 39, Size 8 is best to accommodate your bust and then build out the hips. If your bust is 39, your waist is 23, and your hips are 39, Size 4 is best to match the small waist. You can then build out the top and bottom with the Fitting System to match the bust and hip measurements. COVERS ALSO IN BLACK!!
ANALYSE YOUR BODY
Consider how your weight might change and how your body moves. When you know you'll gain that extra five pounds on the road, you might need a few extra outfits. (After all, even rock stars, and politicians have only "ranges" for weight.) Filler pads will let your dress form show you what the extra 5 (or so) looks like in your clothes, and if you need extra individual pads, we have them.